Hello lovelies! It is officially autumn (fall for thy Americans) ! Hip hip hurray ! I can not express how much I love this season, it’s just got the perfect weather for wearing cute jumpers and bombers without being to hit or too cold, also autumn to me means : “Not long until the October holidays!”
During which, I will be traveling to a secret location that you will be able to read about In a futur post!
That’s enough babbling from me, today’s post is a recipe, autumn makes me feel homely and I love cooking on a Sunday afternoon. And the lovely orange-y colors just make me really happy! So here is my lovely mama’s Pumpkin soup recipe! It is really easy to make and tastes so homely, and amazing!
- A pumpkin! ( Choose you favorite variety).
- An onion.
- A clove of garlic.
- A bit of ginger.
- Salt, pepper & powdered cumin.
- Vegetable stock.
And to serve :
- Grated cheese.
- Salt & pepper.
- Fresh coriander.
- Double cream.
- On medium heat, put a bit of butter in a saucepan.
Choose the size according to the size of pumpkin, and amount of soup you want.
- Now dice your onion and crush your garlic and ginger. Put it in the saucepan, and let it sweat with a lid on.
- Now prep the pumpkin! Empty it out and cut it into chunks.
The smaller the chunks, the faster the soup will cook, and the faster you will be able to eat it !
- Put the pumpkin chunks in the saucepan with a pinch of salt, the cumin and pepper, aswell as a stock cube with a splash of water, then let it cook for about 30 minutes, until soft.
- When soft, add a bit of water and blend, to get the desired texture, I make mine quite thick.
- Now your soup is ready to serve, I add a splash of double cream, some grated cheese and salt, pepper and a bit of fresh coriander! And it is just DELICIOUS!
I really hoped you enjoyed this post, if you did give it a like, and tell me what you think of my mama’s pumpkin soup!