Hello ! How are you all ? Today is a post about nice cream. If you have not heard of it, do not panic, I am here to bless you with it. Nice cream is a vegan version of ice cream or otherwise seen as ice cream without the cream, instead of using cream we use frozen bananas.
I first saw this on Instagram, and basically hit gold, a healthy and nice tasting “ice cream”, made just out of fruit that tastes amazing is something people like myself lives for. So I thought I would make some of this famous nice cream & tell you honestly if it tastes good, and share the recipe and some photos with my amazing followers.
Lets get started, this recipe serves 2 people. 👯
First the ingredients :
- 3 Bananas, peeled, chopped and frozen. 🍌
- Any other ingredient, for the taste of your Nice cream. (Mango, berry, chocolate, vanilla, rum & raisins..)
Next Utensils :
You need a really good and strong blender, I tried using a Nutribullet and failed so a right way up one is the way forward.
Now Instructions : Follow very carefully so as not to fail..
- Get your blender out, and set it up.
- Take the bananas out of the freezer, and put them in the blender. Give it a wizzzz, your blender will probably struggle at the start, just keep going.
- When you get a smooth ice creamy texture, add your flavour ingredients. I added red
fruit (frozen) and honey (I’m not sure if that counts as vegan..)
- Now wiz it all together and you will have a beautiful batch of Nice cream ready to eat.
WARNING: I do not recommend keeping your nice cream, it’s best consumed straight away, but if you do, store it in the fridge, and put it in the freezer for a few hours before you want some, and put it in the blender again before eating.
So here is what I think about nice cream. It’s awesome, I suppose it’s sort of like smoothie ice cream, mine tastes a little more like sorbet but I think that is because of the red fruits used. Also what I found really awesome is it has the same texture as ice cream, and if you aren’t a huge fan of bananas, to be honest you can’t taste them that much. So all in all I love it ! Although if I was dealing with hard time’s I would still turn to my Ben & Jerry’s !
I would be so happy to hear about your Nice cream experiences, and let me know what you think of this post.