Preparation time : 10 Minutes Cooking time : 10 Minutes
With this fabulous recipe, you can have an amazing batch of scones ready to eat in just 20 minutes! Perfect for afternoon tea, or even breakfast. This recipe is very adaptable from sweet to savoury, So lets get cooking.
Start by preheating you oven to 220C fan, or 200C gas.
Right so first of all ingredients:
- 350g self-raising flour Optional :
- a pinch of salt • Sugar
- 1 teaspoon of baking powder • Ham or Cheese
- 175ml of milk • Blueberries
- 85g of cold butter, cubed
- 1 beaten egg, for glazing
How to ?
- In a large bowl, tip in the flour, salt and baking powder, and mix.
- Add the butter, and rub it in with your fingers like so.
- It should look like crumbs. (Now you can add any optional ingredients.) .
- Warm the milk, and make a well in the dry ingredients, add the milk and stir with a knife quickly until you obtain a doughy paste.
- Now flour your workspace, and roll out your dough, it needs to be at least 2 cm thick.
- Using a medium size pastry cutter, cut out your scones, this recipe makes about 12.
- Glaze them with, the beaten egg, and put in the oven for 10 minutes!
They are amazing served warm, but can also be stored in an air tight container in the freezer for up-to a month. That is if you can resist them long enough !
Bon appetit !